Thursday, June 3, 2010

Oven Ham Sandwiches

I'm sorry, but I just can't bring myself to use the word "sammies." It makes me think of my friend's dog Sammy. But these little sandwiches are to die for, and they're so easy. I made a couple without the topping in case my husband or son didn't like it, but they both ate them either way so next time, I may just make them all with the topping. Here's the recipe and :gasp: a few of my own photos!

Oven Ham Sandwiches via Dine & Dish

This is a before shot so you can see what the sauce will look like before you cook it. When it comes out of the oven, it will be more liquid and just soak into the bread.


And here's an inside shot for good measure. I used two pieces of deli ham on each sandwich and a little square of Swiss cheese in between each piece of meat. I was a little worried after I made them that the square wouldn't be enough, but it was just right! This would make a great little party food as well as an easy weeknight dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment