Thursday, June 3, 2010

Italian Beef Sandwiches

I've been meaning to cook this for, well, like 2 weeks or more. Thank goodness for the freezer where this big piece of meat has just been waiting on me to get ready to cook it! I can't say how good it tastes since it's only been in the crock pot about 3 hours so far and the meat's got a ways to go still, but it sure smells good!

Ok, actually, it just smells a lot like the pepperoncinis that I put in. And I'm not exactly sure what those even are, but I figured the recipe calls for them so I used them. I added an onion too because everything that has a bell pepper should have an onion too!

Italian Beef Sandwiches in the Slow Cooker via EatatHomeCooks.com

Uh once again, not my photo since mine are still cooking :P


Ok, it's now 10:15 and dinner is over and banana bread is in the oven! I'll be posting that recipe soon enough :) It smells divine. The sandwiches were pretty good. My crockpot is on steroids so even though I told it to go to the 10 hr (lowest) setting, the meat was falling apart from being so tender by about 5 hours. So just know your crockpot. It was far from all the liquid evaporating though so don't worry about that.

The meat was a little spicy when I tasted it out of the crockpot, but once it got on the rolls (I used plain sandwich buns and put mayo on mine) you couldn't tell it was spicy. Neither my husband or I dipped it in anything, but you certainly could, especially if you want more of the Italian taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment