Sunday, June 6, 2010

Extra Special Banana Bread

This stuff is SO good. Seriously. And I didn't even have one of the ingredients - nutmeg. I could have sworn there was some in my kitchen at some point, but I don't know where it went, and I keep forgetting to restock it. So I just left it out and who knew? I made 2 loaves on Thursday night and the bigger one was gone by midday Friday. My non-sweet-eating husband loved it, and of course my banana fiend toddler gobbled it down as well.

And the topping? Oh gosh. I had to stop myself from eating it out of the bowl! But really, I have to stop myself from eating anything with a good concentration of brown sugar straight from a bowl.

I love brown sugar. If I was stranded on an island with milk, brown sugar, and fruit, I would be a happy woman. And my kid, of course. I can't live without him either.

Mine was much darker than this by the way, and I'm not really sure why. Maybe I overdid the cinnamon or something. Who knows. But it is so good and moist that I don't even care what color it is. It doesn't matter anyway - it's all gone now!

Extra Special Banana Bread via Tasty Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment